Saturday, December 01, 2007

I'm Back !!!

My "New" computer went belly up again. After more than a week in the shop with them trying everything, they concluded the hard drive was really dead. The odd thing, when they hooked it up to their diagnostic equipment it showed the hard drive there (which indicates it is working), but they could not access it no matter how hard they tried.

So, with a new hard drive, here I am trying to reorganize it to something similar to what I like, reinstalling all my pet programs, trying to pick up everything I need from back-up disks. Of course you never back-up often enough to have everything up to date when you start over.

Anyhow, we had a great Thanksgiving in Indiana with the daughter and son that live there and their families. Our daughter and granddaughter from here went with us so we had three out of our four youngsters with us. I upheld my end of the day perfectly. I over-ate, and continued to graze throughout the day.
------------------------------
A man walked into a bar in Lexington, Kentucky and ordered a drink. While he was sitting at the bar watching T.V., one of Hillary's political ads came on.
After it went off, he stood up and announced to everyone, "Hillary is a horse's ass!" The bartender reached under the bar and brought out an oak club about 18 inches long and hit the man square across the mouth, knocking him off his stool and onto the floor.
After a minute or two, the man got up, straightened himself up and said to the bartender,
"I'm sorry. I didn't know this was Hillary country."
"It's not!" replied the bartender. "This is horse country!"

4 Comments:

Blogger Joubert said...

I wondered where you were. I spent the whole of Saturday afternoon trying to fix my computer after an automatic Firefox update screwed it up. Why can't computers be like cars - turn on the ignition and it works?

12:10 AM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

Hard drive failure, yep, that'll make your day. Glad to see you back, Fish and that's cool y'all got together for Thanksgiving. That's what makes Thanksgiving special, the family all gets together and for one day we forget how strange some of them are.

Of course, they're probably thinking the same about me. :)

4:54 AM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I'm having computer problems, too.
We've decided to replace our three computers this spring.

Glad you had a great holiday with family. I got sick. At least I didn't overeat.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

Patrick, I've had some cars that didn't work so well either, but at least they didn't crash for no apparent reason.

AGT, it's the strange relatives that make the rest of us feel normal.

Pamela, I promise not to report you to the Thanksgiving police for failure to overeat.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home