Monday, December 18, 2006

More Ramblin's

We were going to go Carrolling, Lewis Carrolling that is, but I couldn't find sheet music to the Jabberwocky. Twas brillig and the slithey toves, did gire and gimble in the wabe...It always brings a tear to my eye...

It's a silly day of random thoughts, or maybe it's brain hiccups.

About 1970 I had some bright yellow business card sized notes printed with the copy "If I've been of help to you on the road today, don't thank me, just pass this card to the next person you help on the road." Any time I stopped to help someone I'd give them one of these cards. Three or four years later while heading to work on the Interstate on a cold, frozen morning I had a tire go flat. While I was changing it another car stopped and the felow helped me with the change. When he finished he handed me a dog eared copy of my bright yellow card.

I accidentally dropped a flea and tick collar on my clock. It drove all the ticks off so the clock only goes tock - tock - tock now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cookie..... said...

Loved the story...but a real groooaner on the clock...;-)

10:40 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

I loved the story too Fish. I even liked the clock thingy. I guess I'm easier to please than cookie. :)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had I been that clock, I would have been ticked off!

7:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmmm.... good idea, I'll have to throw one of those collars in my bed..... uh... wait a minute.. those are crabs..... never mind ... LOL

7:53 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

The joke was awful but the yellow card story was wonderful.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

Cookie, yeah it's a groaner but I'm like Gayle, I like stupid jokes.

Pamela, flea and tick collars tend to do that.

AB, give it a try, it just might be multi purpose.

Patrick, I'd have to agree with you.

4:41 PM  
Blogger Walker said...

I was inspired right up until I got to the clock. Now I'm just tired.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

I love the story of the yellow card! That is awe inspiring.....

but, it is probably TIME for you to get a new clock joke.

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home