Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year Everyone !!

We had to make another fast round trip to Indiana (4 hours each way) to retrieve our granddaughter so she can be back in school the 2nd. We drove up on the 31st, had dinner in one of our favorite watering holes from our years living in that area, spent New Years Eve at our daughters with a few libations. We live in a dry county, but they don't. They'd purchased a bottle of Dewar's Scotch Whiskey just for old dad so I had a couple on the rocks. Then I had a couple straight up. Then I quit. I figured a couple more straight up and I would no longer be straight up myself.

We had good roads with no delays either way but drove the Blazer just in case. It has 4 wheel drive if we should need it because of snow.

Along the Interstate between Elizabethtown and Louisville on a road that runs parallel, there's a neat looking farm with a large sign on the gate. "Used Cows For Sale". For some reason that just cracks me up. What in the world is a "used cow"? Does that mean they've already been bred, milked? Maybe they've already carved a few steaks off their butts.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Used Cows For Sale" ... ROFL .. I ain't touching that with a ten foot pole ... Happy New Year to you and yours!

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Used generally means less "mooooo-lah"

I touched it!!!!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Joubert said...

I wish I could buy a used cow (not my two ex-wives) - they make good lawnmowers.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Fish-2 said...

Thanks AB

Pamela, ouch

Patrick, they fertilize as the go too, just don't step in the fetilizer.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Gayle said...

Hi Fish!

"Used cows?" So what, pray tell, is an "unused cow?" Maybe they mean their cows are no longer virgins! Just a thought.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

HA!! Take a picture of that sign. Too funny.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home