Friday, December 22, 2006

I've been tagged

Patrick over at "Born Again Redneck" has tagged me to list six weird things about myself. This is an impossible task since there's nothing at all weird about me - just the rest of the world. Oh, all right I'll take a shot at it.

1) When I was young I started intentionally enunciating the cartoon sound "Ah-Choo" when I would sneeze and still catch myself doing that from time to time.

2) My morning coffee is enough of a habit I actually carry a satchel with coffee maker, mugs and all the fixin's when I stay in a hotel or motel just in case they don't have one.

3) I don't like mellon. Not watermellon, not cantelope, not honeydew, nothing. If it resembles a mellon keep it away from me please.

4) I hate tailgaters, consider the old rule of allowing one car length for every ten miles per hour. So, if I get someone on my tail about two car lengths back, I slow to 20 so he/she won't rear-end me if I make a quick stop. I also carry a loaded gun in the car in case they get too disturbed about this.

5) When vine ripe tomatoes are in season there's nothing I like better than a toasted peanut butter sandwich with a slice of fresh tomato on it.

6) Probably the weirdest by today's standards. Forty-six years ago last June I was married. Since our wedding day I've made love with only one woman, my wife.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Number 6 is definitely becoming weirder every day... society has made sure of that, and congrats to you and your wife for hanging in there that long, definitely a blessed marriage.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Joubert said...

The Achoo thingy is weird. Your coffee satchel isn't. I've got a tea satchel with an electric kettle etc. That's just being practical. I don't understand the melon hatred though. That's weird. I also hate tailgaters and deliberately once made a sudden stop and got rear-ended and then tore into the offender - came close to punching him out. I sometimes wish for a James Bond car with that thing to make oil-slicks for them to skid in and crash. Peanut butter and tomato sandwiches are delicious but I like to add a slice of onion and cheese too. #6 is not weird. It's wonderful - but unusual nowadays.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Gayle said...

My husband has #6 in common with you, Fish, and so do I. It is 48 years today! :) You may wonder what I'm doing on the pc on our anniversary; well, it's too close to Christmas, so we always celebrate it on the day we met: January 15.

I do the Ah Choo thing once-in-awhile too, and I absolutely detest tail-gaters! I also do the coffee thing. I have to have a cup when I first get up. But I love mellons of all sorts, so no... I guess I'm not your evil twin! LOL!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Fish, and many blessings as well. :)

5:56 PM  
Blogger Karmyn R said...

#6 - not weird but WONDERFUL -

You are a good man, Fish

Merry Christmas

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home