Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Some Things Endure


When I was a kid in the late forties, early fifties, I would sit with my grandmother and listen to a country music show called "The Renfro Valley Barn Dance". I never had any idea where Renfro Valley was until we made our first trip to that area of Kentucky. This past week we had to make a trip to Berea Kentucky and as we passed through Renfro Valley I stopped on the road and snapped this picture. It's nice to see that some things do endure in our rapidly changing society.

2 Comments:

Blogger Gayle said...

I've often gone back to places where I lived as a child. We moved around a lot. You would have thought my parents were running from the law! To my knowledge they weren't, but they moved around so much the law probably never would have caught up to them. Many of the places I've revisited look the same but those places are all in the country. The places in cities have all changes and are totally unrecognizable!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Gun Trash said...

That looks like a wet day over there, Fish. It's been awful wet over here in eastern KY and chilly. In fact, we still haven't put in our tomatoes over here, yet... too wet 'n cold.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home